Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Christians, How would advise this young lady in how to seek the Lord?

She is despondent and can not find God. In fact is thinking about suicide. Can you send her the right answers from the bible. Quick like.Christians, How would advise this young lady in how to seek the Lord?
If she is going through a lot,


she should think about this: it gets me through everything, '; God will not take you to, anything he can't take you through.';


God is always here and you just have to realize everything happens for a reason and he won't take you to a point you can not get through. He is always here.Christians, How would advise this young lady in how to seek the Lord?
Matt 11:25b-30:





thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them to babes. Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in thy sight. All things are delivered unto Me of my Father:and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father;neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal Him. Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.





Hope this helps...If you're looking for God, run to the cross and lay your burdens there.
It's more likely that she would get better results from being proactive in her recovery-changes in lifestyle (diet, exercise, drugs/alcohol use), seeing a therapist, and taking anti-depressants. Sending her Bible quotes isn't going to help.
First, if she is thinking about suicide, I say, ';in the name of Jesus Christ I command that is not an option for her.'; Then, for you to give to her, the book of John, chapter one. But that's not going to make sense to her if she does not yet know God. So, the real answer is for her to talk to the Almighty herself. Tell her to cry out to Him. And He will answer. Because it is a Living God that can and will and loves to save.
“And you, my child, will be called a prophet of the Most High; for you will go on before the Lord to prepare the way for him, to give his people the knowledge of salvation through the forgiveness of their sins, because of the tender mercy of our God, by which the rising sun will come to us from heaven”- Luke 1:76-78





Pray for her and maybe she'll turn her life around and help other girls go through what she went through. i'll pray as well :) God Bless
Do not let her commit suicide and if you're her friend be there and get her help! It has sadly happened before where friends weren't there and sadly the despondent person did commit suicide.





Psalms 4:1-8 (King James Version)





1 Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer.


2 O ye sons of men, how long will ye turn my glory into shame? how long will ye love vanity, and seek after leasing? Selah.


3 But know that the LORD hath set apart him that is godly for himself: the LORD will hear when I call unto him.


4 Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah.


5 Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your trust in the LORD.


6 There be many that say, Who will shew us any good? LORD, lift thou up the light of thy countenance upon us.


7 Thou hast put gladness in my heart, more than in the time that their corn and their wine increased.


8 I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.
I agree that a suicide hotline is the first step. But, getting a Life Application Bible and seeking out comfort verses would be great. I'm a Christian and seem to forget that when I am sad or angry, I need only go through the Bible (sometimes just randomly), and I instantly feel better--it's really an amazing feeling. God bless, and I hope you can help your friend (or yourself?) feel better and learn that Jesus is ready and willing to comfort you.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me(Jesus) ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation, but be of good cheer; I (Jesus) have overcome the world. John 16:33


Through Jesus, she can overcome to. What has this young lady so despondent? Is there anything too hard for God to fix? The answer is no, nothing is impossible with God.
Unconventional as I am I'd probably take a very different route. ie





Ok so you want to kill yourself...fine with me but first come with me.





We walk over to the stove, I turn on the large burner to the highest temperature and grab her hand forcing her to put her hand on it...she resists. My next statement will either wake her up or she is totally crazy...


If you want to commit suicide then go for it, but I want you to know that what you just fought so violently against me about is EXACTLY what you will face from the second you take your last breath...still want to do it? or are you ready for God's help?





My scriptural basis?


Jude 1:21-23 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.


22: And of some have compassion, making a difference:


23: And others SAVE WITH FEAR, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
Well first of all DONT DO SUICIDE!!!! thats crazy! things might be going bad now but that doesn't mean they wont change. Winners never quit and quitters never win. Just pick up a Bible and read god will get you to the right page (TRUST ME)
How about calling a suicide hotline? Seriously, that would be able to help.
1 Peter 5:7


Casting all your cares upon Him, for he careth for you.
With the help of other Christians that have experience with these kind of things. Find a local help line.
What Congress wants, Congress gets. It's sad. Say a prayer for your friend and so will I.

No comments:

Post a Comment