Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I need some advise for removing the sticky tabs from hanging stuff on the wall.?

Everything and I mean everything has fallen off the wall twice now. I hung those package mirrors on the wall and all that is left is a sticky mess from the tabs that will not come off. So without ruining the paint job too bad does anyone have any ideas for removing that stuff or had the same experience?I need some advise for removing the sticky tabs from hanging stuff on the wall.?
Rub the sticky spot with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser - they get sticky stuff off lots of stuff. They won't leave a greasy stain on the wall, either.I need some advise for removing the sticky tabs from hanging stuff on the wall.?
If this is the foam double sided sticky tape, I scrap off as much as I can with a razor blade, then use Goo Gone with a rag to remove the residue.





You really need to use mirror hangers and screws if there is no frame, or just screws through the mirror frame, to hang a mirror. Mirrors are to heavy for sticky tape.
Coat the sticky part, with baby oil or something similar (greasy) on the sticky part and let it sit. It should peel off. You may want to use a dull knife to scrape the rest off.
Using a hair dryer on medium setting will warm up the adhesive, thus making the sticky tabs peel off the wall, as if was never there.

No comments:

Post a Comment