Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I am just starting a cleaning service any tips or advise?

Also, I find that after cleaning one home my back hurts and I don't have the energy to work further, my rate is $85 and it takes me about 3-4 hours to clean. I think this is far but I need to clean at least two homes a day to make a living, what should I do?I am just starting a cleaning service any tips or advise?
Congratulations on your new business! I have 2 suggestions:





1. Think Big! Don't be afraid to hire employees. One employee will cost you about a third of your income but will save you and your back from half the work. The paper work can be a little intimidating but your accountant can show you the steps.





2. Set some goals for what you want your business to be like in 1 year and 5 years from now. If you grow your business, and your should be able to, the insignificant decisions you make now can bite you in the butt down the road when you have 15 employees.





Two more bonus suggestions!





Read books on operating a cleaning service and on small business. A good one is The E-myth Revisited by M Gerber.





Buy your supplies at a janitorial supply company. It's a little more expensive but... they will be a great resource for problem solving. Also, I'll bet that three times a week someone asks them for a referral. If they have a relationship with you and know that you are conscientious they will send those people to you!





Hope this gives you some ideas. Good luck!I am just starting a cleaning service any tips or advise?
You need a license...





Always put things in a contract or you'll be upset the first time a client stiffs you on a payment. It happened to me and I only had his word. He stiffed me for exactly half of what he owed me. I had no contract ......





Don't hire family.....





Get insurance for accidents and bad employees.





Always go that extra mile for your clients and they'll love you for it and they'll want to keep you around for a long time.
i started a cleaning service about 7 months ago and it is doing well i work by myself i started out cleaning about 3 homes a week now i have 7 that clean a week eat a good breakfast every morning and carry some fruit or water or gatorade with u daily cause all of the mopping and vacumming is a bit much and oreck is the best vacuum of them all also target is good for supplies u get more for your money good luck and try to minimize your time start upstairs 1st do baths,dusting,sheets,vac.mop,get in a routine u will pick your pace up as time progress.dont under estimate 2 get business it will come pass out fliers on mailboxes get car magnetics

No comments:

Post a Comment