Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What books would you advise me to read?

I have a whole month off and i have absolutely nothing to do as I saved my whole salary.


I love fiction and get bored with a book that can't keep me hooked from page 1.


I hate this horor and thriller stuff. And im not a fan of reading the harry potter books.What books would you advise me to read?
';Tuesdays with Morrie'; by Mitch Albom


..or anything by Anne RiceWhat books would you advise me to read?
well i would suggest books that E.d Baker wrote

Report Abuse



My favorite book is The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas. He also wrote The Three Musketeers. The language can be tedious, but both are excellant books. The first will hook you moreso than the latter.


I also like any of the Poirot mysteries by Agatha Christie, and only a few of her Miss Marple ones, but again, good reading.


I also enjoy fantasy books, such as those by Robert Jordan and David and Leigh Eddings. These authors wrote series, so you have something like eleven good-sized books from Jordan and ten to thirteen smallish from the Eddings, if you include the two books that sum things up.


I am currently re-reading Lord of the Rings again.
This series is very good Left Behind by Tim Lehaye and Jerry Jenkins.
two words Slaughter-House Five by Kurt Vonnegut. i think its three words im not sure but that was something else. my fav. book of all time. the world according to garp was probably my second. good luck on your book hunting. and there are plenty good books... Clockwork Orange, and anything by Kurt Vonnegut. RIP
Barbara Erskine , if you are interested in historical novels with a twist, I found most of her books great. Even considering writing my own if you may want to read it some day!


Also I find any self help books that may improve the way your brain works....like Cosmic Ordering. We all are pretty individual when it comes to books, so why not go to the library and see what attracts you. You may be drawn to a book/books that you were meant to read.


Good luck and enjoy your time off from the daily grind.
great list at new free books.
My favorite books are The Swiss Family Robinson and Island of the Blue Dolphins. Both are pretty much about the same thing, being stranded on a deserted island, but the first is about a shipwrecked family, and the second is about a girl whose entire tribe leaves and doesn't know she isn't with them. They are really alot better than they sound, I promise!
Any of the Fizz and Buchanan series - start one and you'll read all nine, I will personally guarantee it. Absolutely gripping from the first word to the last, packed with great characters particularly Fizz and Buchanan who are totally adorable. I promise you - you'll bless this day!
1. shadow of the wind


2. kite runner


3. snow flower and secret fan


4. eleven minutes


5. veronica decides to die


6. the last Templar


7. mysery
try earth inspector series. old skool. waaaaay fiction and educational too. loved it when i was a kid.
Pamela by Samuel Richardson.An old book , first published in 1741.It will keep you hooked from page 1 and leave you with a sigh.





Read it and you will recommend it to all people you know.
I suggest you read Jostein Gaarder book such as Sophie's World or The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho if you into philosophy. Do you like historical fiction? if you like it, you could read some of Orhan Pamuk (nobel prize winner 2006) book such as My name is Red or The White Castle. The Historian from Elizabeth Koztova also worth reading. it's about Vlad Tepes the Dracula.


Agatha Christie's book are also what I recommended. she wrote a ton of great book, especially with Poirot. choose The Big Four, And Then There Were None, Sad Cypress, or Mystery of Sytles. You can also read Curtain, but please after you read another Poirot story...
';The Master and Margarita'; by Mikhail Bulgakov. It will change your life.
';One Hundred Years Of Solitude'; or ';Love In The Time Of Cholera'; by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. He is amazing.
I think the Joseph Campbell books are a good starting point since they highlight universal themes. I would start with ';the power of Myth';


I also like ';Zorba the Greek';


if you like Philosophy I would read ';ecce homo'; Nietzsche, or a general college text on Morality which would introduce you to many different thinkers and many theories.


My favorite non-fiction books- modern wise -come mostly from Crichton and Grisham. I think I read 12 of Grisham's books in Iraq in between missions. I enjoy the characters.


Lucky you... you've the time to sit back and enjoy your reading.


If I was even close to your liking with books, email or IM though my profile and I can suggest more. I LOVE books.

No comments:

Post a Comment