Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I need some advise on the what type of putter should I buy. Additional advise on the brand would also be great?

I am 30 years old, 6ft tall with a athletic build and play with a handicap of 24.I need some advise on the what type of putter should I buy. Additional advise on the brand would also be great?
the only thing anyone over the internet could probably tell you would be to get a putter that is longer than standard, but even that depends on how hunched over you are when you put





my advice is to go to a local golf retailer and try out different retailers





you need to check for


-lie angle-the angle of your putterhead in relation to your shaft, this is dependent on how close to perpendicular to the ground you hold your putter when you swing





-shaft length-length of the shaft...lol


this is dependent on how far from the ground your hands are when you put, even if your tall, you might bend a lot when you put, and not require a long putter, or you might be someone who stands almost straight up when they putt, it depends on you





-mallet or blade putter head shape


i personally dont like my clubs looking like they are a space ship, but a some people can line up the ball to their intended line of putt better if they have a mallet putter (those putters that have white circles behind the putter face)








as for brand, that depends on your price range and whatever you find at the store that meets the above criteriaI need some advise on the what type of putter should I buy. Additional advise on the brand would also be great?
Quite honestly it comes down to two categories. First off, you have to be comfortable with the putter you use. Secondly, it depends on the price you're willing to spend. I play with an Odssey White Hot #1 putter, and I like it very much. That's also in a pretty good price range, especially for its quality. Because there are a large number of great putters out there, the best choice would be narrowing down the price range. If you want to spend a crapload of money, then Scotty Cameron is definitely the best out there. I got my putter for Christmas two years ago and I knew my dad was not willing to spend that much money on a putter, but it really depends. There are really so many different ways to go. If you like a certain company such as Nike (actually never mind because Nike does not make great putters), but one such as Mizuno, Bettinardi is their putter and very good quality, but I can stress enough it comes down to feel and price range. The best thing to do is maybe get your price range down and then pick a few companies you like and then start testing them out
In my opinion this question cannot just be answered. I offer the opinion that you head to a Dick's Sporting Goods, Golf Galaxy, or a Golfsmith store and test out different kinds of putters. I am now playing with an Odyssey Saber Tooth and love it. But I had to hit it to see how it would feel and if I liked it. I say you can't go wrong with an Odyssey. You may find that you like a heavier putter or a lighter one, a taller one or that you get more control with a belly putter. I think that your best option is to try out the different ones because only you can decide what your comfort level is and your price range.
Me personally a RIFE any kind they are nice looking and feel awesome or if you can afford a scotty cameron they are wonderful either a newport 1, 1.5, or 2 ($300). Heavy putter makes nic putter but some can be too heavy. Then there are Odyssey which have nice feeling putters for a good price an kind either blade or mallet. i would get them all in 35in also since your 6 foot
I know Titleist Scotty Cameron Detour New Port 2 Putter is good.There are many buyers purchase.You can have a try.and the price is low and guarranteed quality

No comments:

Post a Comment