Thursday, July 29, 2010

Can anybody give me advise for choosing a major?

I am 12th grade right now and by nov. 30 the application for college application will be over. I am planning to be an engineer but I am not quiet sure what branch of engineering will i be taking. I love computers so i am planning to take electronic and computer engineering but I dont have real knowledge about the inside of the computer. My question is do you have to have knowledge about the area I want to take before I take it or is it enough to just be interested in it?.Can anybody give me advise for choosing a major?
as soon as you go to college it will take you about a year to really no what u wanna do. its normal.your not lost you just growing. do what makes you happy.Can anybody give me advise for choosing a major?
It doesn't matter too much what major you choose. You can change it in the future, or do something totally unrelated to your degree major after school anyway. I have a degree in computer engineering but work as a manager at a hotel.
it is basically the interest which counts and a little bit of knowledge...coz when you study you aquire more knowledge and become an expert.
first of all basic knowledge about the course u want to take is important. make sure u know what ur getting urself into. secondly, ask urself these questions:





am i smart enough?





what other abilities/talents i have that can help me succeed?





whats my 5 year plan, 10 year plan?





after considering all of the above, do i really want it?





all the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment