Thursday, July 29, 2010

I am about to ship some goods from china, can someone advise me on proceedure?

I am in the process of organising the shipping of 2CBM from China. I've not done this before, could anyone advise me on the proper proceedure? I understand the term FOB, but am unsure who to contact about insurance and how i will know when it has arived at the port and how i would arrange to collect it etc





HELP!!!





.I am about to ship some goods from china, can someone advise me on proceedure?
DHL will take care of itI am about to ship some goods from china, can someone advise me on proceedure?
You'll need to obtain a copy of the Bill of Laiding before the consignment lands, establish which TARIC codes apply to the goods and provide this information to Customs. Once the consignment has cleared customs and you've paid the taxes due the goods will be released to you or your agent.





I've recommend appointing an import agent - they're usually very cost effective and will be able to handle unloading, liase with Customs and deal with storage and/or forwarding to you. Most have direct access to shipping and Customs systems so will be able to keep you informed of progress and handle forwarding quicker and more efficiently than if you try to do it yourself.





It's usually cheaper and much easier to have the Chinese shippers arrange insurance on your behalf.
I think you need a Chinese person to help you find what you need in China, and I know a website can provide the service , the service is called ';Person to Person'; http://www.knowhowing.com/persontoperson鈥?/a> 锛?through the service you just like engage a ';agent'; in China to help you to find what you need in China.
The seller should offer to arrange the details (at your cost - added to his selling price)


The best way is to arrange CIF terms with him. (Carriage + Insurance + Freight) these are normal terms. You have to arrange customs clearance upon arrival, and pay any taxes. I do this by using an agent at the point of entry. The agent advises you that the goods are cleared for collection, and once you have paid his fee will arrange transportation to yourself.


FOB is cheaper, but not so good as all responsibility lies upon you once the goods have been loaded at the other end.


Insurance is quite cheap, I pay five eighths of one percent of the value of the goods.

No comments:

Post a Comment