Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I want to take a walking vacation and hike England from coast to coast. Any suggestions or advise?

I am a single woman and will be traveling alone. I will be coming from the United States. Are there any guide books that can help me? I am thinking about the St. Bee's to Robing Hood Bay walk.I want to take a walking vacation and hike England from coast to coast. Any suggestions or advise?
There's quite a few guides - though I would reckon that the Hadrians Wall walk would be more fun for you.I want to take a walking vacation and hike England from coast to coast. Any suggestions or advise?
Don't listen to those that would dissuade you from you dream. You must come and do the C2C (the Wainwright Coast to Coast walk). I have seen it on TV and it is absolutely spectacular. My mate has cycled it and can contest to it's beauty.
Definitively Hadrian's Wall!


www.hadrians-wall.org
St Bees to Robin Hoods Bay has loads of guides, as it was the famous walker Alfred Wainwright's route. My dad has done it several times now, unfortunately I haven't, but there are loads of different guide books for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment