Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I want to start as an insurance agent. Where should I start from? Can anyone give me serious advise?

I have just became financial advsior and I want to start my own insurance business. Has anyone have any important tips? I will start it part time first so that I can carry on with my job and then in future I want to turn it into full time. Where should I start? Any serious advise will help. thanks.I want to start as an insurance agent. Where should I start from? Can anyone give me serious advise?
Find a mentor who is willing to teach you and show you how to be successful. It is very hard to be successful the way you describe it - part time at first.





I wish you well.I want to start as an insurance agent. Where should I start from? Can anyone give me serious advise?
post your resume on-line. the insurance companies will


come to you.
Drop off your resume at various insurance companies. If they need agents, they will contact you.
You have just become a financial adviser? I am not sure what that means. Do you have a CLU designation? Are you a Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC)? Are you a Certified Financial Planner (CFP)?





If you have the proper training you already know that to succeed as a ';full time'; financial adviser you are going to have to be well versed in tax codes, financial markets and estate planning. You will need to be able to confidently work with attorneys and CPA's. You will need to know people who have significant personal wealth because they are the prospects who will be purchasing the large life insurance policies and annuity contracts.





Keep improving your knowledge to the point that people are confident in your financial expertise and advice. Best wishes.
Kunwar, you did not mention in what area you seek assistance. India? Pakistan? The USA?





My company has over three thousand small offices worldwide. But it is tough to start out anywhere. I started over thirty years ago and dropped out when it was too tough. Now that I am back in the field, I wish I would have stayed in all along.





Once you start, I hope you remain in the business. Please do not quit. This is a great arena. You get to help many people who would be lost without your advice.





If you re-post this question, please include your nation (and your city). The fact is that people in our business are some of the most helpful folks you will ever meet





Good luck!





P.S. I hope you are located near one of my company's offices!!!
Visit http://www.SmedleyInsuranceGroup.com or call Jesse @ 602.412.3126. He can quickly get you going and get you the things you need!

No comments:

Post a Comment