Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Can anyone advise me on a low cost printer that will be compatible with my Windows 98 computer?

I had an HP 722C but the cartridges cost more than many new printers. I need something to tide me over until I can afford to update my computer. Thanks.Can anyone advise me on a low cost printer that will be compatible with my Windows 98 computer?
You might have some trouble finding one. I would suggest going to Best Buy and ask if it would even be possible.Can anyone advise me on a low cost printer that will be compatible with my Windows 98 computer?
HP and Brother have some cheaper model of laser printers under $100. Make sure you get one that have both parallel and USB ports. USB connection for Windows 98 computers can be tricky. Check with Walmart or Office Depot. Watch for sales in Office Depot.
Buy the cheapest canon, it will do you well and ink tanks will be cheap.
You need one with a parallel interface vs USB, which may be hard to find.





HP, Epson etc.. sell the printer cheap, they make their money on the cartridges. You will have the same problem with any printer. It's like cell phone service, there is a reason they give you the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment