Thursday, July 29, 2010

Where do you advise me to rent a house in flatshare?

I am a 18 year old girl and I am going to move to London next summer.


I want to share a flat with other guys, but I don't know in which zones is best to concentrate my research. My only requirements are: a house in the centre of London (zones 1, 2) , in a safe district, at the north of the river, not too expensive ( not over 130 拢 pw).


Any idea?


Hope to made myself clear!


Thanks!Where do you advise me to rent a house in flatshare?
To live in Zone 1 or 2 your looking at MORE than 拢130 a week even in a flat share!





I was living in clapham (deemed a *nice* safe area) a few years ago and it was 拢120 in a flat share on an ex council estate (rough as hell) yet clapham as half a mill houses,


(I lived in clapham my whole life by the way) Full of middle class people in expensive houses but that doesn't take away the fact there are estates and tower blocks still in the area!





All areas in London are like that! You can live in posh Hampstead in North London and still get a tower block round the corner!


London areas have pockets of good and bad.





I'd advice having a look on gumtree.co.uk to work out what areas and what types of accommodation cost you.





My sister and I now live in East London a so called *rougher* area in zone 3 (you can still find half a mill houses here)


anway, she pays 拢130 a week for a double room in a 8 people flat share!! I rent a 2 bed flat at 拢736 a month (And that's cheap for what we have)


Now, you go onto the gumtree and compare those with other flat shares and flats to rent.





London accommodation is one of THE most expensive and is what people spend most of their income on here.





You may find your flat share for 拢130 a week, i'm not saying you won't as their are always little gems BUT you need to be a bit more realistic when it comes to areas and price.


I'd love to rent a two bed flat in Clapham, but wishing and reality are 2 different things lol Prices won't go down to fit my criteria so you have to work around it.


Widen your search area or budget and you should find something. :0)





Best of luck looking! Hope you find something good!

No comments:

Post a Comment