Thursday, July 29, 2010

I need some advise/suggestions! How easy would it be to do my own wedding bouquet?

I am on a really tight budget for my wedding. I want a nice bouquet, but have heard how expensive florists usually are and I really can't afford that. I want real flowers so I was thinking about getting my flowers from a wholesaler and doing the bouquet myself. We are not having a wedding party so all I have to worry about is my bouquet. Does anyone have any experience doing their own bouquet? How hard would it be to do? Any helpful advise/suggestions? Thanks!I need some advise/suggestions! How easy would it be to do my own wedding bouquet?
sweetie they are dead easy to do - michael's crafts has all the components to make your own bouquet and if you are nervous about it at all they have classes you can go to and learn all the tricks of the trade!


i made a beautiful bride's bouquet with a dozen roses [artificial] and greenery for less than $25.00 - you can do it too! if you want to do fresh flowers then you simply purchase a different holder for them. the difference is in the foam - one type for fresh flowers and one type for artificial! you can do this girl! happy wedding!


watch michael's for sales - and btw their artificial flowrs are very nice!I need some advise/suggestions! How easy would it be to do my own wedding bouquet?
I had a few cheap Martha Stewart DVDs I found (like $3) that had DIY wedding flowers - they were gorgeous. I'd be totally scared to do it my own though without the experience. You should get a cost estimate on the flowers you want and see if it's even much of a big difference. You could get the plastic bouquet holder and foam at a craft store (like Michael's) for a few bucks, or you could wrap the bouquet in really pretty ribbon. If I were you, I'd look into DIY bouquet books. Hope this helps a bit!
I had considered doing my own flowers, but was convinced to reconsider. If you do your own flowers, you have to do them not more than a day or 2 before the wedding. I know I want to relax those last couple days! I looked into an inexpensive alternative. I am going to have my flowers done by a local grocery store (Stop and Shop) that has a floral department! They are much cheaper than florists and just as beautiful!
It will be really easy.





Advice...Spy on the enemy! wa ha ha. Ok...seriously. Go to different florists and ask them questions about flowers and bouquets but don't buy any. You'll learn some neat tips about clipping the flowers so they last longer, and you'll see examples of professional looking bouquets that you can copy if you find one you really like.





Also look online at pictures, its easiest to find a picture of what style you want, and then just replace it with the your colors. The picture gives you something to follow to make sure yours looks right.





Good luck! My friend made hers for herself %26amp; wedding party.
I also considered doing this. I figured after i purchased all the needed materials and the flowers it was still cheaper to buy it @ the florist. We ordered threw 1-800 flowers and they hooked us up with a local florist. My flowers for me were $40.
i say get 5 or 6 long steam lillys and hand tie them with silk ribon

No comments:

Post a Comment