Thursday, July 29, 2010

Parents of babies - Can you advise me on your experiences with highchairs please?

I'd like one with a central strut that goes between the baby's legs so that she doesn't wriggle under but I've been told when the get a bit bigger they can use this to push off and climb out. Is this anyone's experience?Parents of babies - Can you advise me on your experiences with highchairs please?
I've got chicco happy snacker that has a bar through th middle of legs


it has adjustable seat in 3 positions which is great it has a basket underneath to keep any toys e.t.c in. foot rest removable tray. high chairs have harnesses like buggies so is couldn't;t imagine this would be a problem it comes in pink or blue simular versions are in other colours the only downside to my high chair is they said it was easy clean some food always goes under seat cover it quite awkward to get to got old fashion high chairs are well easy to cleanParents of babies - Can you advise me on your experiences with highchairs please?
ok


The one that my mother in law has doesn't have a thing in the middle so my son does shift down it unless he's plugged in.


The one i have is this but in blue


http://www.mothercare.com/gp/product/B00鈥?/a>





It's perfect for me. It has a large central thing between the legs so that he doesn't slip down and you can plug him into it. The tray is easily removed and washed. It folds up quite nicely for storage. has adjustable reclining seat. And has a little basket underneath which i personally use to keep some bibs in and some cloths. Plus, it's very easy to put together as it comes flat packed. It literally took less than five minutes to have it up and running. I couldn't find a better highchair if i tried.


There's also one available in more colours. heres a few others you can get:


http://www.mothercare.com/gp/product/B00鈥?/a>





http://www.mothercare.com/gp/product/B00鈥?/a>





http://www.mothercare.com/gp/product/B00鈥?/a>








edit: just read the post above me and i think she has the same as me.
No, I have never had a problem with my kids climbing out of the high chair. If it does become a problem, just use the harness, they can't get these undone on their own. I agree that it is best to have that extra support between their legs especially when they are still quite small.
As a mother of three, I would say get the one with the central strut. Highchairs usually come with straps as well. My experience is if you don't leave your child unattended in the chair, you won't have to worry about them climbing out and getting hurt.
Mine has that strut and my 14 month old has been trying to climb out for the last 3 months....

No comments:

Post a Comment