Thursday, August 19, 2010

Can anyone offer me some advise/tips to help me become more successful in my real estate career?

I am 22 years old; I just started a new career part time as a real estate salesperson while I am still finishing up my Batchelor鈥檚 Degree and working a full time job. As some of you may know the hardest part of real estate is getting started I am also in California where the real estate market is really competitive. Is there any advice that someone to give me to become more successful in terms of generating more leads or marketing in general?Can anyone offer me some advise/tips to help me become more successful in my real estate career?
You will have to either do this full time or not at all. There is no possible way you could be successful if you are not available 9-5 to deal with banks, appraisers, inspectors, title companies, etc etc. You also need to be on call weekends and 5-8 pm to show property, take listings and deal with the buyers and sellers.





You are not being realistic thinking you can do this on the side, when it is convenient for you.Can anyone offer me some advise/tips to help me become more successful in my real estate career?
The only successful part-time agent I have met is in partial retirement from a full-time real estate career. He often refers buyers to other agents in his office and collects a referral fee. He prefers to work with sellers, and he tells them that he is partially retired, but will be available when needed. Since most of his clients have worked with him previously they trust his word.
you might try working using your local newspaper advertising your office name ect.or try placing an ad in the penny saver you know that leaflet that comes with your mail that advertises such things as houses,things for sale ect.even doing a blog thats all i know';good luck and success!!from rick andrew ventura ca.
My advice: Find another job until you graduate.





I have never seen a successful part-time agent. This is also the worst time in a decade to get started in the business..even seasoned agents are having trouble.





Marketing yourself takes time...lots of time.
Get a partner that is full time in the business . Take a small percentage to ge started. Do the paperwork, sit open houses, show clients on the weekends. This leaves your partner to work full time on getting business. BE CREATIVE!!!!
There are plenty of ways to market yourself online as well as offline and make money even in this economy. I'm going to focus on the internet since over 80% of home buyers start their search on the web.





You can create a targeted specific lead generation website for your area like www.NYBirdDog.com or www.NYRehablist.com. Both of these websites are targeting real estate investors looking for properties in New York. Once the visitor arrives at the website they are asked to leave their name and email and they not only receive a free gift but they will get an email whenever a property is available in their area.





You can do this for specific types of sellers by using websites like www.DutchessHomebuyers.com or www.StopForeclosureDutchess.com each of these websites is attempting to attract a specific type of seller.





Below you can find more information, examples and videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment