Monday, August 23, 2010

Hey friends can you please advise me on the following?

I have two dalmatian puppies, male and female, of five months old and I have noticed since the recent days that they have been losing much of their hair and they are quite losing appetite. I wanted to know what food is best for them and what should be done so that they grow into perfect adults? Would be even great if you could list some websites. Thnx loads in adv.Hey friends can you please advise me on the following?
If they are losing hair and have decreased appitite and lethargy, then your first order of business is a trip to the vet for a check up. If the vet finds no problems with the pups, then a food change may be in order. I reccomend Innova, Timberwolf, Solid Gold or Canidae all life stages. I've had great luck with all of these brands.Hey friends can you please advise me on the following?
Thanx 2 all 4 ur help. thnx.

Report Abuse



Well,


The best thing to do is to take the poor things to the vet for a checkup. While at the vet have the veterinarian set up a monthly checkup plan. That way they can check up on your dogs, and you can keep track. If they are not eating it's either the food or their either scared. My Dog did the same. haha. I suggest asking your vet for the best food.





Need More Information,


http://www.vet.com/
There is a reason for everything, take them to a vet.


It could be a reaction to their puppy shots, a desease, perhaps a genetic problem.


Your best advice is to see a vet!
what food are they eating .... not to make you worry needlessly but i would be worried about the food if both dogs are showing the same signs





quit feeding them whatever they are eating





and bring both of them to the vet, puppies are little pigs when they eat, not normal for them to lose their appetite





then pick a different food but first have the vet take a look at them
The fact that they have had a loss of appetite and hair loss (is this just regular shedding or a more noticeable issue?) the best thing is to go to the vet.





As far as food goes, basically steer clear of the supermarket products and go with the premium brands. Best to go with what the vet recommends in your part of the world. But they should be on puppy food at least until 12 months of age.





A combination of the right health care, preventatives, diet, training, appropriate exercise regime and of course love and affection will ensure that you'll have 2 perfect pooches on your hands.
I have a very picky eater and he was having some problems with digestion and hair lose and itchy skin. I took my dog to the vet which I reccommend highly, I was told to put him on organic food. I have had him on this food for a year and his coat is beautiful and he is active and no more digestion problems. The hair lose was stopped almost immediately, I think that the by products in food is the culpit and I would try a change in food done gradually so as not to upset his stomach. Hope this helps.
Dalmatians are great dogs! My sister had one that lived to almost 12 years old, despite his health problems.





They are a very sensitive breed. Sappy had lots of digestive problems. Mostly he just had a sensitive stomach. The shedding might be very normal. I still find Sappy's hair in my clothes and he's been gone since last winter.





Definitely take them to the vet, though. There could be underlying illnesses causing these symptoms.





In the meantime, try feeding them plain white rice. Don't add any salt and make sure it's cooled off before you give it to them. It's more gentle on their stomachs.





Check the link below. It's the Dalmatian Club of America's information about potential health issues.





Good luck with your pups!

No comments:

Post a Comment