Monday, August 23, 2010

Should I advise my superiors that I am applying for a position at a competing company?

Hello, I work as an administrator at a large international company. I recently applied to be a manager at THE competing company. Should I let my superiors know or just wait and see what happens IF I am offered the position?Should I advise my superiors that I am applying for a position at a competing company?
What do you hope to gain by telling them you are not happy with the job you have and are looking to work for the competition? If you were in a relationship, would you want your sweetheart to tell you that they are looking around for a better date, but they'll stay with you until they find one? All you need to do is give them the required notice once you have decided to leave. If they can't bear to see you go, at that time they will make a counter-offer, which you can take or leave as you wish. But if you tip your hand prematurely, they may decide to cut their losses, and get rid of you now, and you don't get the other job, where will you be?

No comments:

Post a Comment