Sunday, August 22, 2010

Can someone advise me on the best way to keep Golden Charcoal (Japanese hookah coals) lit?

I bought these coals awhile ago and they come very well recommended but I'm having difficulty keeping them lit once they're started.. I would appreciate any help anyone can give me, either recommending a better brand or letting me know the best way to light them. Thanks!Can someone advise me on the best way to keep Golden Charcoal (Japanese hookah coals) lit?
Golden's are my favorite japs. I use them only for Tangiers Tobacco because they don't super heat like some coals.





Lighting them, Light them on a stove or portable single coil burner.


http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.j鈥?/a>


Put them on the burner for 3 minutes. Flip them. Depending on the burner when they are glowing red and the silver is flaking off they are done. If they start to crack take them off and put them on a coal carrier and cover them with a windcover for a minute or 2 if they aren't glowing.





When on you bowl remember a windcover is your friend.





I prefer the Taj Windcover


http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/pc/vi鈥?/a>


By it's design it's holes allow for good air flow, with out exceeding air flow to keeping the coals hot and lit.

No comments:

Post a Comment