Monday, August 23, 2010

Live Tree Advise - If the bottom is not cut can it survive?

My husband did not cut off the bottom of the tree and he did not tell me until AFTER it was decorated. I put in a gallon of water (with tree preserver) and the tree has not ';drank'; very much of the water. Is there anything I can do to save the tree?Live Tree Advise - If the bottom is not cut can it survive?
The reason for cutting off a portion of the bottom of the tree is to expose new wood to moisture in your tree holder.





It would be messy, but couldn't you have him lift the entire thing out of the holder and you could cut a small slice off the end? The only other thing I can think of, and it would not be as effective, is to drill some 1/4'; X 2'; holes close to the middle of the water level, so water can get into to the fibers and perhaps draw up to the upper portions of the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment