Sunday, August 22, 2010

Can anyone advise me about my gas stove?

How do you get a burner on a gas stove to ignite a flame if it takes a little too long? I don't like waiting too long and letting gas fumes fill the Kitchen. The pilot light is still on. My boyfriend says to light a food wrapper from a different burner and use that to light the slow burner. He also says to light it with a match. I want to stay safe. I guess you could say I have a phobia about matches, fire, and gas.Can anyone advise me about my gas stove?
I always lightly blow on the burner. Not hard enough to blow out the pilot light, but a slight breeze on it will blow the pilot flame into the gas flow. Works every time!Can anyone advise me about my gas stove?
one, there's a little cover on the burner stem that allows outside air to enter...sometimes it's open too much....also, the hole to the burner might be plugged just enough to not allow full gas flow....hope this helps....good luck...
You need to check your burner and make sure that it is not clogged up on the side where the pilot light is. It could be fully clogged to where the ignition is occurring on the side of the burner or it could be partially clogged and spewing too much pure gas near the pilot light. Pure gas will not ignite, there has to be a mixture of oxygen for ignition to occur so it sounds like you have to high of a concentration of gas and it is having to disperse to be able to light.
CLEAN OUT THE VENTURI, ESPECIALLY THE ONES THAT SHOOT GAS DOWN THE TUBE TO THE PILOT, %26amp; OR POSSIBLE ADJUST YOUR PILOT SLIGHTLY HIGHER!

No comments:

Post a Comment