Sunday, August 22, 2010

Why does my doctor advise to wait 3 months to conceive after miscarriage?

I just miscarried my first baby and my doctor has advised us to wait 3 months before trying again. It has only been 1 week (I was only 6 weeks along when I miscarried) and I have no more bleeding (no other feelings either- cramps, etc). While I am not ready to try again I just wondered if there is any evidence or research that says anything about the right amount of time to wait. For example do I have a higher chance of it happening again if I only wait 1 month versus 3?Why does my doctor advise to wait 3 months to conceive after miscarriage?
There are many reasons for this the first being the obvious getting your body and uterus back into its pre-pregnancy state. The second is that it is a good idea to wait until you have had at least one regular period before becoming pregnant again. For most women this only takes a month , but for some it can take 2 or 3 months before they have what they consider to be their normal period. Another reason would be of course depending on what type of miscarriage it was. If the miscarriage was due to an irregular egg being fertilized, your doctor will most likely prescribe you folic acid pills that should be taken every morning for 3 MONTHS before conceiving , to reduce the risk of any abnormalities in the embryo.Why does my doctor advise to wait 3 months to conceive after miscarriage?
Yes yor will have a higher chance of miscarrying again if you try too soon. My doctor told me the same thing after I miscarried. (I've miscarried twice)





The thing is your body needs time to get back into swing before you try getting pregnant again. Doctors say 3 months to give you body time to get 3 regular periods going, it may take 3 periods for you to become fertile, after my first miscarriage I wasn't fertile for 8 months, and now it's been a year and 2 months and I'm still not fertile after my last miscarriage.





I'm sorry for your loss.
Well, you need to give your body time to heal. I realize your probably impatient, but miscarrying takes a huge toll on your body. Letting it heal will make sure you are 100% healthy the next time it happens.





http://miscarriage.about.com/od/faqs/f/t鈥?/a>





This article might be helpful, though. It really is a personal choice, but I would wait at least a few months, just so you can fully deal with the miscarriage, emotions that come with it, and everything else.





Sorry about your loss, hun. :(
Yes you do have a higher chance of it happening again if you don't wait. I'm sorry and I do feel your pain. It's up to you if you don't want to wait but it gives you a better chance of staying pregnant if you do. Good luck whatever you decide!
It's a lot of stress for your body to handle getting all of the hormones to be pregnant. Three months is a good amount of time for your hormones to regulate and get your MC back on track..
  • man makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment