Sunday, August 22, 2010

Why do they advise to lay on your left side for kick counts?

Whenever I'm trying to feel my baby move, I'm pretty sure it's easier for me to feel him on my back. But maybe that's because I'm not giving the left-side thing a lot of time.





Is it supposed to be easier to feel the baby when you lay on your left side, when you do a kick count?Why do they advise to lay on your left side for kick counts?
Lying on your left side increases the blood flow to your uterus, which will make it more likely that the baby will be active.Why do they advise to lay on your left side for kick counts?
They recommend drinking 2 glasses of cold water or juice and then laying on your left side (for more blood flow) and counting kicks if you haven't felt your baby move in awhile. If your feeling your baby, then that's great and you shouldn't worry. But the cold water/juice gets the baby active (suppose to) and laying on your left side give more blood flow. And you can count kicks. 5 kicks in a 30 minute period is good. If you haven't felt your baby move and do this, and still no movement, they you are to call your doctor ASAP.
When I lay on my right side he goes absolutely crazy. I also feel him when I am on my back and my left side. More so on my right though.
Ohh wow thanks for the advise ladies I just started feeling my baby move..
  • man makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment